2013年7月10日星期三

They were too small to make clothes, but perfect for bags!

They were too small to make clothes, but perfect for bags!

My first bag was created last year designers are always diversifying and looking for new avenues for their creations!

What kind of bags do you design?All sorts! From bags to match wedding dresses, to evening or special occasion, daytime/casual and holiday bags. I also make bags for your shoes and recycled bags made from Denim jeans and shirts! I've even been known to use a Place Mat!A lot of people bring me their old jeans, or shirts and get me to turn them into a bag  an innovative accessory that can be used every day and flung in the wash!

I will also take commissions to design and make an individual bag, so the client can discuss what they really want and see the bag taking shape.

What inspires your creations?I'm inspired mainly by the fabrics, embellishments and different techniques but anything goes within reason!

Why do you think women spend so much on bags?I think it because a bag can really add to, or change an outfit. A bag to today woman is what a mink coat was to the Hollywood Stars of the 40s a bit of a status symbol!

Your all time favourite handbag designer?I have a few! Chloe, Marc Jacobs, Lulu Guiness Fiorelli but there are so many!

"If you see it and it just too good to miss, then buy it after all, a girl best friend is her bag!?"

Carol Baines

Which celebrity you would like to design for?I really love Fern Britton she got bags of personality (sorry about the pun!) she a lovely person, and although she a bigger lady, she loves to have fun and she looks brilliant. It would be a great challenge to be able to design some funky tote bags, or special occasion bags for her. I think it would be great fun to design for her.

Should women have matching shoes and bag?Depends where you're going. I think it can look smart to match shoes and bags, or just to tie in or contrast the colour/style somehow. It's not always necessary, though. Sometimes it just fantastic to have a really eye catching bag. You tend to see the bag before the shoes  especially if you're wearing trousers.

Describe your main 'staple' bag?I would say my large denim bag (recycled from jeans or shirts) is both popular and very useful!

Sherbet Dip

What can you find in your bag?During the day and at work I usually have a large bag. In it you can find, purse, makeup bag, comb, hand cream, paper hankies, keys, mobile, small sketch pad (for ideas!), pen, glasses (not for drinking!), face/hand wipes, perfume, business cards kitchen sink?

And if you're hitting town?For evening, I would probably have a smaller bag  maybe a clutch. Again I would have money, keys, some makeup (lipstick, eyeliner, powder), comb, perfume (mini version), hankies, business cards and my mobile.

What do you think of manbags?I haven't designed any manbags but I actually think some men look really good with a bag (depending on the style). Louis Vuitton has some manbags, but I like Tod Messenger Bag for men in dark brown leather with contrast stitch, very masculine looking, but classy. It has lots of compartments inside great for ladies to unload any unwanted items from their bags!

What's in this season?There are so many styles and shapes to choose from! They say that the coming fashion trends are going to be stripes, African prints  getting back to nature with fake crocembossed, snakeskin patterns  which look good in polished patent or metallics (as a whole bag or even a strap or pocket detail) whilst fake zebra or leopard prints look good if you them on a small to medium model.

Delta Blue

Colours are supposed to be more muted this spring/summer (lemon fresh, candy pink, pearly purple). Lulu Guinness is bringing out a soft leather, slouchy style bag in a range of colours as a key piece of her 2008 collection. She has also asked designers Daisy and Poppy De Villeneuve to create some smaller items including a hard, patent clutch, which I really like the look of. There are also larger, totes in brighter, shiny colours (Dolce Gabbana).

If you're after budget buys well, looking in the sales is always worth a try and also the dreaded ebay! But sometimes, it just when you're not looking you see a bargain! If you see it and it just too good to miss, then buy it after all, a girl best friend is her bag!?

没有评论:

发表评论